Efficiency NB is a New Brunswick government Crown Corporation established in November 2005. Its office is located in Saint John.
Efficiency NB offers sound advice and practical solutions to help New Brunswickers use energy more efficiently, make better energy choices, manage energy expenses and lessen the impact of energy use on the environment. Our Mandate:
- To promote energy efficiency measures in the residential, community and business sectors of New Brunswick;
- To develop and deliver programs and initiatives in relation to energy efficiency;
- To promote the development of an energy efficiency services industry;
- To act as a central resource for the promotion of energy efficiency in New Brunswick; and
- To raise awareness of how energy efficiency measures can lead to a more reliable energy supply for New Brunswick.
What are some of the good reasons for energy efficiency?
- Provides energy savings and helps buffer against rising energy prices
- Reduces greenhouse gases and air pollutants
- Energy efficient homes and buildings are healthier and more comfortable
- Businesses can lower operating and production costs and be more competitive and profitable.
- Investment in energy efficiency projects means investment in the economy with the purchase of goods and services.